PMO CIVIL ENGINEER
The Government of Mongolia has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Green Climate Fund (GCF) and High-Level Technology Fund (HLT) toward the cost of the Ulaanbaatar Green Affordable Housing and Resilient Urban Renewal Project (AHURP). The objective of the project is to transform the highly climate-vulnerable and heavily polluting peri-urban areas of Ulaanbaatar (ger areas) into low-carbon, climate resilient and affordable eco-districts. More information about the project can be obtained from https://www.adb.org/projects/49169-002/main.
The Municipality of Ulaanbaatar (MUB) is the Executing Agency of the project, with responsibility for implementation supported by one Project Management Office (PMO) and one Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
B. Scope of work
The Civil Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support in the implementation of the project at design, procurement, construction and post construction stages, and ensuring all design and construction documents are consistent with national and international procedures, standards, and specifications towards green, sustainable and resilient development, and its supervision and control. The Engineer will work closely with concerned PMO staff and project consultants and report to Project Coordinator and if applicable, to MUB, Ministry of Finance, ADB, GCF and other co-financiers.
The required inputs are 42 person-months on a full-time basis and the contract will be established on a yearly basis in accordance with Government Resolution No.176 and No. 4 of the Minister of Finance.
- Periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual) progress reports to various stakeholders of the project;
- Control and monitoring reports as well as checklists, manuals, plans and finalized project documents;
D. Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in civil/ construction engineering or other related disciplines is preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of experiences in the field of civil/construction engineering and construction supervision development projects;
- At least 3 years of work experience in international projects financed by ADB and/or other international financial institutions;
- Experience in the cost estimator would be advantage.
- Demonstrative work experience in housing policy sector and relevant fields;
- FIDIC experience is preferred;
- EDGE Certification is preferred;
- A solid understanding of project implementation policies and procedures adhered by the Government and ADB;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collegially and creatively within a team and with partners;
- Excellent leadership skills, with experience working in cross cultural settings; and
- Strong oral and written Mongolian and English proficiency.
E. Application Submission Procedure
Interested candidate should submit an application consisting of the following documents, prepared in English and Mongolian language:
- Cover letter explaining the reasons for applying to the position, describing how the candidate’s qualification, skills and work experiences meet the selection criteria;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Two reference letters from previous employers; and
- Notarized copies of all diplomas and certificates.
All documents should be enclosed in a sealed envelope that indicates the applied position and delivered to the below address by 4:00 PM on 11 September 2023.
Attn: Altangerel D, Head of Economic Development, Public Private Partnership Department,
Governor’s Office Of The Capital City
Office #301, The Capital City Governor’s Office
Sukhbaatar square 6, 1stkhoroo, Chingeltei district
Ulaanbaatar 15160, Mongolia
Please note that the submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.