PMO SOCIAL, GENDER AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The Government of Mongolia has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Green Climate Fund (GCF) and High-Level Technology Fund (HLT) toward the cost of the Ulaanbaatar Green Affordable Housing and Resilient Urban Renewal Project (AHURP). The objective of the project is to transform the highly climate-vulnerable and heavily polluting peri-urban areas of Ulaanbaatar (ger areas) into low-carbon, climate resilient and affordable eco-districts. More information about the project can be obtained from https://www.adb.org/projects/49169-002/main.
The Municipality of Ulaanbaatar (MUB) is the Executing Agency of the project, with responsibility for implementation supported by one Project Management Office (PMO) and one Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
B. Scope of work
The Social, Gender and Communications Specialist will be responsible for effective implementation and monitoring of the project social, gender and communication activities through meaningful consultations and engagement with project stakeholders and communities. The Specialist will work closely with concerned PMO staff and project consultants and report to Project Coordinator and if applicable, to MUB, Ministry of Finance, ADB, GCF and other co-financiers. The required inputs are 42 person-months on a full-time basis and the contract will be established on a yearly basis in accordance with Government Resolution No. 176 and No. 4 of the Minister of Finance.
C. Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
The Specialist will be responsible for the preparation, implementation, updating and monitoring of the social, gender and communication aspects of the project in accordance with (a) all applicable laws and regulations of Mongolia, (b) the ADB’s Safeguard Policy Statement, (c) ADB’s Social Protection Strategy, and (d) Resettlement Framework (RF) but not limited.
D. Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in social sciences, gender studies, sustainable development or other related disciplines is preferred;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in social and gender development, stakeholder’s engagement, community consultation and development, resettlements and social safeguards;
- At least 3 years of preferred professional experience in international, multi-stakeholder projects financed by ADB and/or other international financial institutions;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collegially and creatively within a team as a leader and with partners; and excellent communication, interpersonal and team work skills; and
- Strong oral and written Mongolian and English proficiency.
E. Application Submission Procedure
Interested candidate should submit an application consisting of the following documents, prepared in English and Mongolian language:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Two reference letters from previous employers; and
- Notarized copies of all diplomas and certificates.
All documents should be enclosed in a sealed envelope that indicates the applied position and delivered to the below address by 4:00 PM on 11 September 2023.
Attn: Altangerel D, Head of Economic Development, Public Private Partnership Department,
Governor’s Office Of The Capital City
Office #301, The Capital City Governor’s Office
Sukhbaatar square 6, 1stkhoroo, Chingeltei district
Ulaanbaatar 15160, Mongolia
Please note that the submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.