PMO Procurement Specialist
The Government of Mongolia has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Green Climate Fund (GCF) and High-Level Technology Fund (HLT) toward the cost of the Ulaanbaatar Green Affordable Housing and Resilient Urban Renewal Project (AHURP). The objective of the project is to transform the highly climate-vulnerable and heavily polluting peri-urban areas of Ulaanbaatar (ger areas) into low-carbon, climate resilient and affordable eco-districts. More information about the project can be obtained from https://www.adb.org/projects/49169-002/main.
The Municipality of Ulaanbaatar (MUB) is Executing Agency of the project, with responsibility for implementation supported by one Project Management Office (PMO) and one Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
B. Scope of work
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for carrying out overall procurement activities of the project under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and ensure that procurement operations is conducted in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Government of Mongolia (GOM) and ADB. The Procurement Specialist will report to Project Coordinator, and if applicable, MUB, Ministry of Finance (MOF) and ADB.
The required inputs are 22 person-months on a full-time basis and the contract will be established on a yearly basis in accordance with the Resolution 176 and 196 of Minister of Finance.
C. Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
The Procurement Specialist will report to the Project Coordinator and perform following duties, but not limited to these only:
- ensure that project procurement is conducted in accordance with policies and procedures of the ADB (ADB Procurement Guidelines and Guidelines on the Use of Consultants by Asian Development Bank and its Borrowers) and the government;
- ensure that the project’s procurement plan is implemented and updated as needed based on the project’s implementation progress; and prepare periodic updates to the procurement plan under the guidance of the MUB, ADB and Steering Committee and undertake the relevant approval processes for finalization and constantly report to the project stakeholders;
- organize project procurement in accordance with the approved plan and provide assistance to the bid evaluation committee in the tendering process including (i) preparation and issuance of bidding documents and technical specifications, (ii) publication of invitation for bid, (iii) organization of site visit, (iv) clarification/addendum to the bidding documents, (v) response to bidder’s inquiries, (vi) opening of bids, (vi) bid evaluation, (viii) preparation of bid evaluation reports, (ix) contract award, (x) contract negotiation and signing, (xi) contract administration and (xii) submission of relevant procurement documentations to ADB for approval in accordance with ADB procedures; and (xiii) constant updating to the “Shilen dans”;
- organize consulting services recruitment process and provide assistance to the consultant selection committee in (i) preparation of terms of reference, (ii) advertisement, (iii) evaluation and shortlisting, (iv) preparation and issuance of the Request for Proposal, (v) contract award and negotiation, (vi) contract administration, and (vii) submission of relevant consulting services documentations to ADB for approval;
- liaise with ADB staff as required and submit the procurement documents for ADB’s review and approval;
- keep progress of procurement and consultant recruitment activities against procurement timetables, highlight variations in progress, record reasons, and identify remedial actions, if any;
- assist the Project Coordinator in monitoring the procurement and consulting recruitment process and prepare periodic projections and status reports on contract award and disbursements; identify issues in shortfalls in contract award and disbursements, and undertake the remedial actions;
- throughout the process, assist the Project Coordinator to define procurement risks and means and measures to mitigate and/or avoid potential risks and collaborate closely with the government agencies responsible for procurement activities as needed;
- provide any other procurement-related support not mentioned above, but related to the project, as assigned by the Project coordinator;
- Inception report including an implementation plan;
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly progress reports and finalized project documents including procurement plan, bidding documents, bid evaluation reports, monitoring reports, contract award and disbursement projections etc.,;
E. Required Qualifications, Skills, Expertise and Experience
- Minimum of Master’s degree in engineering, law and other relevant disciplines;
- At least 3 years of experience in public procurement or procurement-related work experience in projects financed by ADB and other international financial institutions;
- Should have A3 Public procurement certificate,
- Demonstrative work experience in housing policy sector and relevant fields;
- A solid understanding of project implementation policies and procedures adhered by the Government and ADB;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collegially and creatively within a team as a leader and with partners; and excellent communication, interpersonal and team work skills;
- Strong oral and written Mongolian and English proficiency;
F. Application Submission Procedure
Interested candidate should submit an application consisting of the following documents, prepared in English and Mongolian language:
- Cover letter explaining the reasons for applying to the position, describing how the candidate’s qualification, skills and work experiences meet the selection criteria
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two reference letters from previous employers, and
- Notarized copies of all diplomas and certificates;
All documents should be enclosed in a sealed envelope that indicates the applied position and delivered to the below address by 4:00 PM on 15 December 2023.
Attn: Mr.Altangerel M,
Head of the Department for Economic Development and Public and Private Sector Partnership
Office #301, The Capital City Governor’s Office
Sukhbaatar square 6, 1stkhoroo, Chingeltei district
Ulaanbaatar 15160, Mongolia
Please note that the submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.